Uncharted Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Uncharted Boards! A place to talk about the Uncharted series, Naughty Dog, PlayStation 3, and whatever else you'd like.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Go down 
+4
ThatNorskChick
Alpharaider47
AJ
Archer
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archer
Administrator
Archer

Tomb Raider: Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Because most of us came from a forum about Tomb Raider, I think the series deserves more than a general thread or two. And because I've in the mood for a little bit of TRU recently, I thought I'd make this thread to love, hate, and everything in between on this 2008 Crystal Dynamics title.
Tomb Raider: Underworld G6E8N
Story Synopsis: Tomb Raider: Underworld begins where its predecessor left off, with Lara Croft searching for the mythical resting place of King Arthur, Avalon. Underneath the Mediterranean Sea Lara discovers Thor's gauntlet and then has an encounter with an old enemy, Jacqueline Natla, who has been imprisoned by Legend's antagonist, Amanda Evert. Natla tells Lara that the Norse underworld, Helheim and Avalon are one and the same and that she will need to find Thor's Hammer to open the Underworld. Lara soon discovers to find and wield the hammer she will have to find Thor's other gauntlet and his belt, to retrieve these artifacts she must explore underworlds all around the globe, facing the creatures, traps and puzzles that guard them. However, Lara discovers that Helhiem may contain a powerful weapon that could put the world in danger. Lara also finds herself faced with a doppelgänger of herself created by Natla, who burns down her house and kills one of Lara's assistants, Alister Fletcher.
Lara Croft Biography: At age nine, Lara survived a plane crash in the Himalayan Mountains that led to her mother's mysterious disappearance. After miraculously surviving a ten-day solo trek to Kathmandu, Lara spent the rest of her childhood under the close tutelage of her archeological father, the late Earl of Abbingdon, Richard Croft. At 18, following the death of her father, Lara inherited the Croft estate and became Countess of Abbingdon. Since then she has been credited with the discovery of numerous archeological sites of international significance in her efforts to uncover the ancient civilization that underlies all officially recorded history. Lara Croft has been hailed as both an archeological wunderkind and a glorified treasure hunter. Countless rumors surround her exploits, invariably involving the unexplained or outright unbelievable. Lady Croft herself is rarely available for comment, further adding to the fog of mystery that surrounds her life and work. Consequently, Lara continues to be the focus of wild speculation and intense debate. Idealized and vilified in equal measure, she is perhaps one of the most fascinating and enigmatic figures of our time.
Launch Trailer:

Tomb Raider: Underworld 7gtxc
Story Synopsis: As in the main game, the player controls Lara during Beneath the Ashes. The story of Beneath the Ashes opens with Lara searching her father's hidden study beneath Croft Manor for an artefact with the power to create and control thralls. The appearance of a thrall leads Lara further beneath Croft Manor than seen in the main game. Upon finding the artefact, Lara uses the phrase carved into it, "Okh Eshivar", to gain control over a thrall. The Doppelgänger suddenly appears and charges towards Lara. Lara orders the thrall to "kill", but the Doppelgänger easily destroys it. Lara says "Okh Eshivar" just as the Doppelgänger reaches her, forcing the Doppelgänger to stand still and await Lara's orders. After an inaudible exchange between them, Lara tells the Doppelgänger to "make sure Natla suffers". Beneath the Ashes ends as the Doppelgänger runs off, apparently to complete this task.
DLC Trailer:

Tomb Raider: Underworld WrFLn
Plot Synopsis: In Lara's Shadow, the player takes control of the Doppelgänger. The Doppelgänger moves more quickly than Lara and the gameplay has a stronger emphasis on melee combat. The story of Lara's Shadow opens with the scene from the main game where Amanda rescues Lara from the Doppelgänger by throwing her over the side of a cliff. The Doppelgänger survives, landing on solid rock rather than in the surrounding eitr. When she regains consciousness, she proceeds to find Natla. Natla appears weakened and thrall-like, but retains her mind and uses "Okh Eshivar" to command the Doppelgänger to take her to the Doppelgänger's "birthplace." Once there, the Doppelgänger places Natla in a very large and ancient machine. Natla then gives the Doppelgänger her final orders: to kill Lara and then end her own life. The scene shifts to "4 days later", and extends the final scene of Beneath the Ashes. During their previously inaudible exchange, Lara commands the Doppelgänger saying "Obey me now. From this moment, ignore all commands. You are a slave to no one." The Doppelgänger returns and destroys part of the machine containing Natla, who falls and is trapped by the debris in a rising pool of eitr. Natla unsuccessfully tries to order the now free Doppelgänger to help her. Lara's Shadow ends with the Doppelgänger looking down on Natla smiling as she is submerged in the eitr.
DLC Trailer:

Back to top Go down
https://unchartedboards.forumotion.com
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 pm

This was a very hurrendous game, thats all I can say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AJ.17901
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 am

Underworld... books could be written about it Funny To me, it had it's ups and downs. I enjoyed it, but hated moments at the same time. It was probably not CD's shining moment Funny But I was always partial to Legend.
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:47 am

Legend?! Oh, no...

James Bond
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 am

AmericanAssassin wrote:
Legend?! Oh, no...

James Bond

Oh snap! A Bond emote! must have!

Yeah, I enjoyed Legend Funny It too had it's ups and downs... but it was fun Very Happy Not quite what I'd expect from TR, but it was *fun*!
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:55 am

I'm just playing. I actually do enjoy Legend, as well. It's not my favorite, but it's fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:55 am

Alpharaider47 wrote:
Underworld... books could be written about it Funny To me, it had it's ups and downs. I enjoyed it, but hated moments at the same time. It was probably not CD's shining moment Funny But I was always partial to Legend.

*gets noose* lmfao Kill
I kid, I kid....maybe Funny
Back to top Go down
ThatNorskChick
Boku Pintu
ThatNorskChick

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 am

I liked Underworld alright, but it was just alright. Mexico and Thailand are two of my favorite levels...by Crystal Very Funny. But after Mexico, the levels become so horribly monotonous, which is a fricking shame because I was so excited about those particular locations. The "boss" at the end is just ugh. I wasn't too happy with the way they handled Norse mythology, but I'm such a sucker I still get all excited because it's in there.

I love Doppelhoe and Alister getting what he deserved. I mean, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:11 am

AJ wrote:
Alpharaider47 wrote:

*gets noose* lmfao Kill

Mighty fine noose you got there Funny

On topic, one of the things that I both loved and hated was the motorbike. It was fun, but the steering sucked!
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:12 am

I love Natla's character, so I was a tad upset that she didn't get a proper battle at the end. It just seemed like CD didn't want to come up with any cool battle concepts (like in TRA) to me. Sad
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:15 am

Alpharaider47 wrote:
AJ wrote:
Alpharaider47 wrote:

*gets noose* lmfao Kill

Mighty fine noose you got there Funny

On topic, one of the things that I both loved and hated was the motorbike. It was fun, but the steering sucked!

I dunno how many times I almost broke my controller, it was like controlling a PS1 vehicle all over again. It controlled like a damn tank. O_o
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:17 am

AmericanAssassin wrote:
I love Natla's character, so I was a tad upset that she didn't get a proper battle at the end. It just seemed like CD didn't want to come up with any cool battle concepts (like in TRA) to me. Sad

It seems like they've really gotten lazy lately.

Yeah I know what ya mean AJ, and then trying to fight while driving that thing... I literally parked, fought, then kept going Funny If the thing wasn't a key in the puzzles I'd have just walked!
Back to top Go down
ThatNorskChick
Boku Pintu
ThatNorskChick

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:23 am

The motorbike was awesome, killing bitches with donuts. Hell yeah.

And this is going to sound horrible, but something that also bothered me was that there were so many female character in the spotlight at once. I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it did.
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 am

ThatNorskChick wrote:

And this is going to sound horrible, but something that also bothered me was that there were so many female character in the spotlight at once. I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it did.

For me, it was annoying that Natla and Amanda were almost identicle, not counting Lara and Dopplehoe lmao
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:35 am

AJ wrote:
ThatNorskChick wrote:

For me, it was annoying that Natla and Amanda were almost identicle, not counting Lara and Dopplehoe lmao

The game of clones!
Back to top Go down
ThatNorskChick
Boku Pintu
ThatNorskChick

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 am

Lol! Maybe that was it.
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 am

I thought Amanda looked like a 70 year old and Natla was sexy. Funny
Back to top Go down
ThatNorskChick
Boku Pintu
ThatNorskChick

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:45 am

Amanda looked like a sex doll.
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 am

ThatNorskChick wrote:
Amanda looked like a sex doll.
Well this is CD designing them lol
Back to top Go down
Vinegaress
Boku Pintu
Vinegaress

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:38 pm

OMG Amanda! A sex doll?! Very Funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.forty-fathoms.deviantart.com
iloveuO-O
Boku Pintu
iloveuO-O

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 pm

I still haven't played this game yet....lol
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 pm

iloveuO-O wrote:

Mmm you're not missing a whole lot, but I think it's worth playing Funny
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 pm

iloveuO-O wrote:
Skip it and wait for the reboot lol
Back to top Go down
iloveuO-O
Boku Pintu
iloveuO-O

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:19 pm

lol idk maybe I'll just buy it and finish it in a day and bring it back....I've already watched the youtube walkthroughs so I know what happens....
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am

iloveuO-O wrote:
lol idk maybe I'll just buy it and finish it in a day and bring it back....I've already watched the youtube walkthroughs so I know what happens....

Not sure if there are GameStops where you live, but you could always swing by and get it used there. If you have an edge/power up rewards card you'll get a discount on it as well (I'm an employee there Funny) Then you can play it, and I think right now the deal is you have until Jan 15 to take it back for a refund, if not then you could trade it in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next