Uncharted Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Uncharted Boards! A place to talk about the Uncharted series, Naughty Dog, PlayStation 3, and whatever else you'd like.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AJ
AJ

Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info Empty
PostSubject: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Nothing is a fact until Sony or Naughty Dog start confirming what is below.

Film producer Avi Arad has stated that he is working with a division of Sony to develop the film adaptation of Uncharted.In response to a question posed to Richard Lemarchand, lead game designer of Naughty Dog, on whether he would like to see a film adaptation of Uncharted, he replied "no comment.".

Since then, Columbia Pictures has confirmed that an Uncharted film is being developed. It is to be written by Joshua Oppenheimer and Thomas Dean Donnelly and produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven, and Alex Gartner.

As of June 30, 2009 it was confirmed that the Uncharted film has been in development for the last year-and-a-half.

Nathan Fillion has expressed interest in playing Nathan Drake, and started a campaign on Twitter to encourage fans to support him in this endeavour.

In a recent interview, Naughty Dog told PlayStation University how close they really are with the development of the movie and that they have trust with all who are working on it.

On the 8th of October it was announced by Doug Belgrad and Matt Tolmach, presidents of Columbia Pictures that David O. Russell (Three Kings, The Fighter) has been set to write and direct Columbia Pictures' Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, an action-adventure based upon the first game in the series. The film will be produced by Avi Arad (Spider-Man), Charles Roven (The Dark Knight), and Alex Gartner.

On the 24th of November an interview with Mark Wahlberg was published by MTV with the actor discussing his involvement in the film adaptation of the popular franchise. He states that David O. Russell is currently writing the script and is excited for what he has in store, hoping to shoot in summer 2011, "I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure." Speculation about Robert De Niro's role in the movie as Nathan Drakes cohort and mentor Sully may now possibly be ruled out with the idea that he will be playing Drake's father though this could be an error on Wahlberg's part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AJ.17901
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:30 pm

I can't even tell you how upset I am about the Mark Wahlberg announcement. He made an okay Max Payne (let's face it, the script was flawed), but I don't see him as Nathan Drake. I really really really hope this film falls through or Mark pulls out of it. I can't imagine how much this would ruin the image of the series.
Back to top Go down
https://unchartedboards.forumotion.com
AJ
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:41 pm

AmericanAssassin wrote:
I can't even tell you how upset I am about the Mark Wahlberg announcement. He made an okay Max Payne (let's face it, the script was flawed), but I don't see him as Nathan Drake. I really really really hope this film falls through or Mark pulls out of it. I can't imagine how much this would ruin the image of the series.

I'm just treating it as a rumor, unless ND or Sony announce it, I'm not buying it =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AJ.17901
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:33 pm

AJ wrote:
AmericanAssassin wrote:

I'm just treating it as a rumor, unless ND or Sony announce it, I'm not buying it =)

I'm trying to look at it like this as well, hopefully it's not the actual direction they're going with it. I'm sure they'd get more than enough backlash from the fans to redo or change it.
Back to top Go down
iloveuO-O
Boku Pintu
iloveuO-O

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 pm

If Mark Wahlberg is in it I will not watch it...just the look of him annoys me....
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:47 pm

I wish I could think that way, guys. Ugh! I just have a horrible feeling it's true. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://unchartedboards.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info   Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info Empty

Back to top Go down

Uncharted Movie Rumors And Info
Page 1 of 1