Uncharted Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Uncharted Boards! A place to talk about the Uncharted series, Naughty Dog, PlayStation 3, and whatever else you'd like.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theory of a Deadman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Renegade
Boku Pintu
Renegade

Theory of a Deadman Empty
PostSubject: Theory of a Deadman   Theory of a Deadman EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Theory of a Deadman Theory

Theory of a Deadman is a Canadian rock band from Delta, British Columbia, formed in 2001. The band is currently signed to Roadrunner Records as well as Island Records. The band also includes traits of other music styles, such as country and acoustic, as well as their post-grunge and alternative rock base. So far, they have a total of 5 top 10 hits on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, including one #1 hit, "Bad Girlfriend". They have also released two #1 hits in their native Canada.

History

Theory of a Deadman released their self-titled debut album Theory of a Deadman on September 17, 2002.
On March 29, 2005, Theory of a Deadman released their second album, Gasoline. After the release of the album, the band toured with Shinedown and No Address. Starting March 1 of that year, Theory began a promotional tour, headlined by Breaking Benjamin and The Exies. Songs from Gasoline appeared in the soundtrack of the 2005 video game Fahrenheit, which was released under the title "Indigo Prophecy" in the United States.
The band performed the theme song to World Wrestling Entertainment's No Way Out 2006 pay-per-view, a cover version of "Deadly Game" from the WWE Anthology album. The song was released on the WWE Wreckless Intent album. They also did a cover of "No Chance In Hell", the theme tune for Vince McMahon. The song was released on WWE The Music, Vol. 8 on March 25, 2008..
On April 1, 2008, Theory of a Deadman released their third album, Scars & Souvenirs, from which they released eight singles, "So Happy", "By the Way", "Little Smirk", "Bad Girlfriend", "All or Nothing", "Hate My Life", "Not Meant to Be" and "Wait for Me". The song "By the Way" features vocals from Chris Daughtry. On April 6, 2008, they appeared at the Juno Awards in Calgary, Alberta, after making various stops across Canada in a promotion known as Journey To The Junos.
Theory of a Deadman also performed in the 96th Grey Cup halftime show, along with Suzie McNeil and Andree Watters, on November 23, 2008.
Theory of a Deadman, along with Hinder, supported Mötley Crüe during the fall '08/winter '09 tour. They also played at Crüe Fest 2.
Total Nonstop Action uses Theory of a Deadman's song "Got it Made", from the album Scars & Souvenirs, for their special 2008 year review video.
On April 9, 2009 Scars & Souvenirs was certified gold by the RIAA, with sales reaching 500,000 copies in the U.S. alone.
According to the band's Twitter page, the band will start recording their fourth studio album, which is projected to be released in 2011.

Albums

Theory Of A Deadman

Theory of a Deadman Album-theory-of-a-deadman

Tracks;

Invisible Man
Nothing Could Come Between Us
Make Up Your Mind
Point To Prove
Leg To Stand On
What You Deserve
The Last Song
Say I'm Sorry
Any Other Way
Confession

Theory Of A Deadman (Special Edition)

Theory of a Deadman Theory-of-a-deadman-theory-of-a-deadman-cd-cover-41114

Tracks;

Invisible Man
Nothing Could Come Between Us
Make Up Your Mind
Point To Prove
Leg To Stand On
What You Deserve
The Last Song
Say I'm Sorry
Any Other Way
Confession
Above This
Inside
Midnight Rider

Singles

Nothing Could Come Between Us"

Make Up Your Mind

The Last Song

Gasoline

Theory of a Deadman THEORY+OF+A+DEADMAN+-+Gasoline

1. "Hating Hollywood"
2. "No Way Out"
3. "No Surprise"
4. "Quiver"
5. "Santa Monica"
6. "Better Off"
7. "Say Goodbye"
8. "Hello Lonely (Walk Away from This)"
9. "Me & My Girl"
10. "Since You've Been Gone"
11. "Hell Just Ain't the Same"
12. "Save the Best for Last"
13. "In the Middle"

Gasoline Special Edition

Theory of a Deadman 40903477

1. "Hating Hollywood"
2. "No Way Out"
3. "No Surprise"
4. "Quiver"
5. "Santa Monica"
6. "Better Off"
7. "Say Goodbye"
8. "Hello Lonely (Walk Away from This)"
9. "Me & My Girl"
10. "Since You've Been Gone"
11. "Hell Just Ain't the Same"
12. "Save the Best for Last"
13. "In the Middle"
14. "Lynchburg Lemonade (Southern Days)"
15. "Got Me Wrong"
16. "What's Your Name"
17. "Inside"

Singles....

No Surprise

Say Goodbye

Santa Monica

Hello Lonely (Walk Away From This)

Better Off

Since You've Been Gone

Scars & Souvenirs

Theory of a Deadman Theory-scarsandsouvenirs

1. "So Happy" (featuring Brent Smith)
2. "By the Way" (featuring Chris Daughtry and Robin Diaz)
3. "Got It Made"
4. "Not Meant to Be"
5. "Crutch"
6. "All or Nothing"
7. "Heaven (Little by Little)"
8. "Bad Girlfriend"
9. "Hate My Life"
10. "Little Smirk"
11. "End of the Summer"
12. "Wait for Me"
13. "Sacrifice"

Itunes/Amazon/Zune Bonus Tracks

14. "Great Pretender"
15. "Shadow"
16. "So Happy" (Acoustic)
17. "By the Way" (Acoustic)

Scars And Souvenirs Special Edition

Theory of a Deadman Theory_Of_A_Deadman-Scars_and_Souvenirs_Sp_3

1. "So Happy" (featuring Brent Smith)
2. "By the Way" (featuring Chris Daughtry and Robin Diaz)
3. "Got It Made"
4. "Not Meant to Be"
5. "Crutch"
6. "All or Nothing"
7. "Heaven (Little by Little)"
8. "Bad Girlfriend"
9. "Hate My Life"
10. "Little Smirk"
11. "End of the Summer"
12. "Wait for Me"
13. "Sacrifice"
14. "Great Pretender"
15. "Shadow"
16. "So Happy" (Acoustic)
17. "By the Way" (Acoustic)
18. "Not Meant to Be" (Acoustic)
19. "Got Me Wrong" (Alice In Chains cover)
20. "Midnight Rider" (Allman Brothers Band cover)
21. "What's Your Name?" (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)

Singles

So Happy

Bad Girlfriend

Hate My Life (Explicit)

Not Meant To Be

Band Members

Current members

Tyler Connolly – lead vocals, lead guitar (2001–present)

Theory of a Deadman 02_V

Hailing from North Delta, British Columbia, Canada, Tyler and some fellow guitar class friends, Dave Brenner and Dean Back, formed a local group, named Theory of a Deadman. Theory broke into the music business after Tyler handed Nickelback lead singer Chad Kroeger a demo tape of their work. Chad liked what he heard and signed Theory to a record deal with his label, 604 Records.
He played lead guitar for the song "Hero", from the first Spider-Man soundtrack. Theory of a Deadman's 2005 album, Gasoline, has gone platinum, partly due to the success of singles such as Santa Monica and Since You've Been Gone. Theory of a Deadman was nominated for both 2006 Juno Awards and 2006 MMVAs.
Theory of a Deadman's new album, Scars & Souvenirs, was released on April 1, 2008. Its first single, So Happy has become one of their biggest hits to date by climbing to #2 on the Mainstream Rock Charts, and the album also peaked at its highest to date on the Billboard 200, peaking at #26 with an estimated 25,000 copies sold in the first week. The second single from the album, Bad Girlfriend, a song Tyler himself wrote with his wife Christine Danielle, has experienced incredible success, peaking at number one on the US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. He also was in Young Artists for Haiti and he was one of the Canadians that sang Wavin' Flag.

Dave Brenner – rhythm guitar (2001–present)
Dean Back – bass (2001–present)
Joey Dandeneau – drums (2007–present)

Former members
Tim Hart – drums (2001–2004)
Brent Fitz – drums (2004–2007)
Cayla Baarda – drums (2003– ?)

Couldn't Find last date for Cayla the former drummer and couldn't find any information on current members apart from Tyler.

Hope you enjoyed the read and music... If any of you lot are fans and have any additional info i can add please let me know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman   Theory of a Deadman EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Bad Girlfriend is pretty good. As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the links you posted. I'm liking some of it. Maybe I'll download an album or two. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://unchartedboards.forumotion.com
Renegade
Boku Pintu
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman   Theory of a Deadman EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

Awesome my thread did some good Very Happy
Glad you like them bad girlfriend is my favourite. And ive seen them live as well
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman   Theory of a Deadman EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:24 am

Nice OP Jake Funny Might have to give these guys a listen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman   Theory of a Deadman Empty

Back to top Go down

Theory of a Deadman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncharted Boards :: Community Boards :: Music Discussion-
Jump to: