Uncharted Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Uncharted Boards! A place to talk about the Uncharted series, Naughty Dog, PlayStation 3, and whatever else you'd like.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tomb Raider (2011)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer
Administrator
Archer

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:56 am

Here's a place to discuss the upcoming reboot of the Tomb Raider series. Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix seem to be doing an amazing job with this one. I can't express my excitement for this title.
Tomb Raider (2011) 2jbac5z
After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was traveling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive. Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

"Forget everything you know about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics. "This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."
January 2011 Game Informer

Tomb Raider (2011) 3ZQlF
Forget what you know about Lara Croft. As of today, all that is changing.

In our world-exclusive cover story, we uncover a brand-new Lara Croft. Rebooting the Tomb Raider franchise through an origin story wasn’t so much a choice as an act of necessity, according to Crystal Dynamics. Drastic measures were needed. To build an entirely fresh Lara – a culturally relevant hero worth of the attention that once came so effortlessly – they must break her first. In this new adventure – simply titled Tomb Raider – a younger and inexperienced Lara Croft must endure both physical and emotional trauma to survive.

Make sure to check out the Tomb Raider hub throughout the month of December for more exclusive details about Lara Croft’s rebirth. The hub will launch later today.

Click the spoiler box below to find scans of the article and key notes:

Spoiler:
Concept Artwork (Click images to enlarge)

Tomb Raider (2011) BXF5W Tomb Raider (2011) SfxPi Tomb Raider (2011) SLv98 Tomb Raider (2011) 0PIiA Tomb Raider (2011) D828Z Tomb Raider (2011) 0bcEF

Last edited by AmericanAssassin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://unchartedboards.forumotion.com
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:11 am

It certainly looks interesting, but to echo what I've said on TRF, i'm still on the fence. It doesn't quite strike me as a "Tomb Raider" game, and Lara doesn't look quite like Lara to me Funny I'm hoping that as time passes and we get more info that changes, I do wish CD well and hope this game succeeds Very Happy If it does, maybe we'll get a sequel that looks much more like TR, or maybe this one will turn out more similar to what we know than perhaps it does now.
Back to top Go down
Vinegaress
Boku Pintu
Vinegaress

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Alpharaider47 wrote:
It certainly looks interesting, but to echo what I've said on TRF, i'm still on the fence. It doesn't quite strike me as a "Tomb Raider" game, and Lara doesn't look quite like Lara to me Funny I'm hoping that as time passes and we get more info that changes, I do wish CD well and hope this game succeeds Very Happy If it does, maybe we'll get a sequel that looks much more like TR, or maybe this one will turn out more similar to what we know than perhaps it does now.

I agree 100%. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forty-fathoms.deviantart.com
Archer
Administrator
Archer

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:01 am

No moar unlokkable bikinis?????!!!!!!111!!! Oh noez!!!!!!?!

Kill
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:37 am

AmericanAssassin wrote:
No moar unlokkable bikinis?????!!!!!!111!!! Oh noez!!!!!!?!

Kill

Lmfao!! Oh noes! She won't be looked at as a whore anymore, god forbid guys, lets get the torches I'll pick ya all up in the UCB corporate plane Indiana Jones

Btw I vote this for the theme!! haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AJ.17901
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:14 pm

^^ I'm gonna second that Funny

I can understand the bikinis, but c'mon! No more unlockable outfits at all? And here I was naively hoping we'd get at least the classic outfit...
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

New stuff posted on Game Informer website. A look at Lara's new mentor! Very Happy

Quote :
Tomb Raider Profile: Conrad Roth
from Game Informer

Tomb Raider (2011) R8h3qv
In the past, Lara Croft’s interactions with others have been anemic at best – usually only the undead, mindless mercs, or endangered animals around to keep her company. That's not to say she’s existed in an antisocial bubble, though. Lara’s faithful butler Winston was a series staple in the early games, and throughout eight console iterations we’ve been introduced to a childhood friend, longtime mentor, fellow adventurer, several noteworthy adversaries, and more. Lara was never defined by these relationships, however, remaining strong, independent, and somewhat aloof at all times.

According to Crystal Dynamic Art Director Brian Horton, much of the new Lara Croft’s identity will be established through her interactions with others. “Those interactions are going to be very different from what we’ve seen in past Tomb Raider titles,” said Horton. “She isn’t always in charge. She will have these ranges of being the low man on the totem pole in the beginning and then finding her own voice.”

Following the Endurance capsizing in Lara’s newest adventure, she finds herself stranded on a mysterious island. We’ve been introduced to the hostile natives, but little has been divulged about the surviving Endurance crew, aside from a few details about one Captain Conrad Roth. Crystal has positioned Roth to be pivotal to Lara’s growth as a character, noting that he will encourage her to live up to the family name and help shape her into a hardened survivor.

So who is this Conrad Roth? Roth gained his strength and no-nonsense attitude through two tours with the Royal Marine commandoes. Deciding to put his unique skills to use after leaving the military, Roth became a freelance treasure-hunter, scouring forgotten shipwrecks that litter the ocean floor for anything of value. Traveling the world, his reputation is for intelligence, toughness, and a tendency to bend laws that limit the traffic of historical artifacts. In order to secure a prize and do right by his crew, Roth will lie, cheat, and break the law. Remorse isn’t part of the equation.

Roth is perpetually calm, his intimidating presence eliminating the need to raise his voice. While his military training resulted in an authoritarian leadership mantra, his collected and decisive demeanor often benefits the crew.

We’re not sure if Roth has any long lasting relationships, but the transient lifestyle has lead him to declare a common-law marriage with the sea. Years of successful missions lead to the acquisition of larger and larger vessels, eventually leaving Roth the captain of a well-equipped salvage ship – The Endurance.

The expedition to seek out treasure off the coast of Japan isn’t just Lara’s chance to make the big time. Roth’s dream still involves a life at sea – just on a 60-foot yacht instead of a salvage boat.

After our cover story hit newsstands, franchise fans began to speculate that Roth’s role in the Tomb Raider reboot will be akin to that of Croft’s prior mentor Werner von Croy. Similarities are apparent, as Croy and Roth are responsible for Lara’s first major expeditions – Croy to Angkor Wat and Roth on the ill-fated Endurance mission. Both also share an affinity for ancient artifacts, despite the differing means of procuring said valuables.

Our cover story detailed an exchange between Lara and Roth in which he bolstered her confidence and encouraged her to venture off on her own to signal rescue. In what other capacities do you think Roth will influence Lara? What role would you like him to play in the new Tomb Raider installment?
Back to top Go down
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

It's an old Chris Redfield Funny I joke! I joke!
Back to top Go down
AJ
AJ

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Alpharaider47 wrote:

Lol kinda does look like him, I didn't read any of the writing, any spoilers?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AJ.17901
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:48 pm

AJ wrote:
Alpharaider47 wrote:

Lol kinda does look like him, I didn't read any of the writing, any spoilers?

Mmm I don't think so Funny
Back to top Go down
Vinegaress
Boku Pintu
Vinegaress

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:11 am

Haha...Chris Redfield. Very Funny

Such great screens. Megan told me that was a screenshot, so the game looks great. But the brutality of the game, is kinda getting to me though. Weird
Back to top Go down
http://www.forty-fathoms.deviantart.com
Alpharaider47
Alpharaider47

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Vinegaress wrote:
Haha...Chris Redfield. Very Funny

Such great screens. Megan told me that was a screenshot, so the game looks great. But the brutality of the game, is kinda getting to me though. Weird
Yeah the brutality doesn't seem necessary to me. It's going to be a bit different...
Back to top Go down
Archer
Administrator
Archer

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 am

A bunch of screenshots were posted on GameInformer.com a few days ago. My, God, I want this game now...

Tomb Raider (2011) 5obaI

Tomb Raider (2011) OkzGy

Tomb Raider (2011) CBYbS

There are loads more on the website. And a few HQ concept images. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tomb Raider (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider (2011)   Tomb Raider (2011) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider (2011)
Page 1 of 1